I started off this episode by accidentally not recording and followed that up with some clipped audio but once we get past that I think there’s some good conversation with Tim Soszko.
Tim is a member of multiple groups including Bri-Ko, The Cupid Players and performs with Micah Philbrook in The Tim and Micah Project. He teaches at Second City, Barrel Of Monkeys, IO Chicago, Emerald City Theatre Co., Elmhurst Children’s Theater, After School Matters, and Columbia College. What is he trying to prove?
We discuss The Tim and Micah Project’s new show, VERSUS, which begins February 12, 2011 at Donny’s Skybox and Tim tells me that I have a good head and face for a puppet.
Let’s Get Serious with Kendall Bruns
Episode 012: Tim Soszko of The Tim and Micah Project
Running time: 85 minutes
Download (78.3MB mp3): Let’s Get Serious: Episode 012
Subscribe to the Let’s Get Serious podcast through iTunes.
• The Tim and Micah Project: VERSUS will be performed Saturdays at 7:30pm from February 12–March 12, 2011 at Donny’s Skybox in Chicago, IL. Advance tickets are available at www.secondcity.com.
• The Cupid Players are doing a couple of special performances for Valentine’s Day—details can be found at www.cupidplayers.com.
• Wigilia is a traditional Polish Christmas Eve feast.
• Pescatarians abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish.
• According to Wikipedia, the infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
• My Klean Kanteen is made from stainless steel.
• Tim also does voiceover. Hear some samples at www.timsoszko.com.
• The VERSUS poster was designed by Scott Campbell.