Here’s a little change of pace for the podcast. This time I hosted a band—my friends from Cincinnati, The Seedy Seeds, who were in town for a show.
The Seedy Seeds are Margaret Darling, Mike Ingram and Brian Penick.
We discussed how much explanation is too much explanation, listened to a couple of brand new tracks and they even performed a few songs live in my kitchen.
Let’s Get Serious with Kendall Bruns
Episode 011: The Seedy Seeds
Running time: 50 minutes
Download (46.3MB mp3): Let’s Get Serious: Episode 011
Subscribe to the Let’s Get Serious podcast through iTunes.
• The Seedy Seeds new album, Verb Noun, will be released February 26th, 2011 at the Southgate House in Newport, KY. They will be touring coast-to-coast this March and April. Tour dates and info can be found at www.theseedyseeds.com. Their next Chicago show will be at Beat Kitchen on April 6, 2011.
• During the interview we heard two Verb Noun tracks—”Nomenclature” and “Coyote Song”. The band performed two songs live—”Ethel” and “Coyote Song.”
• The Seedy Seeds just won JanSport’s Battle of the Bands competition. As winners, they will play JanSport’s showcase at this years SXSW festival in Austin, Texas.
• We snacked on delicious vegan cupcakes. Read about them here: Vegan Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cupcakes
• At the end of the episode I mentioned another great Cincinnati band that The Seedy Seeds had played with the night before—No No Knots. Check them out at www.nonoknotsmusic.com.
• I helped make the video posted above. Read about it here: Drive Me to the Center