Dave Urlakis and Zack Whittington are Batterymouth, a two-person group that does long-form improv.
They just began a run of shows at Second City’s de Maat Theatre in Chicago, IL.
We discuss the high stakes of doing long-form improv, question iO’s name and see how well they really know each other.
Let’s Get Serious with Kendall Bruns
Episode 010: Dave Urlakis and Zack Whittington of Batterymouth
Running time: 87 minutes
Download (79.7MB mp3): Let’s Get Serious: Episode 010
Subscribe to the Let’s Get Serious podcast through iTunes.
• Batterymouth are performing their long-form improv show, Batterymouth: It Burns, every Friday night, January 21–February 18, 2011 at 7:30pm at Second City’s de Maat Theatre. Tickets are $12 at the door, $10 for students. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time online at www.secondcity.com.
• WiReD sheds some light - What Makes a Snowflake Unique?
• In 2001 the International Olympic Committee threatened Improv Olympic legally over its use of the word “Olympic” and their name was subsequently changed to “iO.”
• Zack is in a sketch comedy group called Long Pork. I interviewed a few of the Long Porkers recently: Let’s Get Serious with Long Pork
• Gaper’s Block reviews the same Batterymouth show that I attended: Batterymouth Packs a Punch
• Drunk History is hilarious: Drunk History on Funny or Die